are the current job
at Ascend Services. For more information about
Current Openings (2)
Employment Services Job Developer (part-time)
· Schedule and facilitate meetings.
· Use referral information, career profiles and the employment plan to develop and meet employment outcomes for participants.
· Utilizes good interviewing skills in order to learn about program participant’s preferences, past experience and values that support employment.
· Responsible for assisting individuals with job preparation, including identification of career goals, abilities, skills; resume development and interview skill building.
· Have a working knowledge of Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) services and requirements.
· Develop and build working relationships with area businesses to promote employment opportunities.
· Actively engage in community outreach in order to increase awareness of program services
· Coordinate and conduct meetings as needed.
· Provide systematic instruction and other support services as needed.
· Maintain up-to-day understanding of best practices related to Employment Services through participation in ongoing training opportunities.
· Provide Case Managers with program status updates pertaining to respective participants.
· Will be responsible for any other duties assigned by management.
Associate Degree in Marketing, Human Services, Human Resources, or
Experience working in a Community Employment Program and with the State of Wisconsin Division of Vocational Rehabilitation desirable
Ability to market services that lead to employment opportunities
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability and desire to promote outcomes sought by participants
Must have good organizational skills
Ability to work as a team member
Proficient in computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
Minimal Physical Demands
Support Leader/Substitute Support Leader
Provide support to program participants including leadership and training in both center-based and community-based sites, along with wayside/Rest Areas.
· Implement support services identified in Individual Written Program Plans.
· May need to provide assistance with personal cares as defined by the participant’s written plan.
· Maintain awareness of participant’s interests, strengths, and needs in order to provide appropriate services and feedback to Case Manager during case review process.
· Train and lead workers in the safe and proper use of equipment and cleaning supplies.
· If needed, transport workers to the job site and transport home.
· Participate in the case review process with the participant and the Case Manager as needed.
· Collaborate with each participant’s Case Manager and other support staff.
· Maintain good verbal and written communication with all those involved to ensure all parties are kept updated and informed of any changes necessary relating to participant.
· Complete reports as directed.
· Assist with jobs, inventory, and paperwork including time cards, when applicable.
· Follow and enforce all safety rules.
· Respond to emergency situations promptly and if necessary call 911 and administer First Aid or CPR/AED.
· Report any and all accidents/injuries along with filling out reports within 24 hours.
· Promote and maintain confidentiality of participants.
· Attend informational seminars and training sessions as required.
· Perform any other duties assigned by management.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or equivalent.EXPERIENCE:
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Must be able to stand for lengthy periods of time. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. with assistance. Must be able to bend/squat/twist/kneel frequently. Must be able to physically transfer participant from a wheelchair in a safe manner.
|Questions, problems, or comments regarding this site, contact HH Webmaster.|